My Favorite Things | APRIL

May 01, 2014



I am officially on the band wagon of monthly favorites. Looking out for the little bits and bobs that have perked up my mood during the month is so much fun and I find myself trying new things. I also like that it helps me remember my days better and it’s a great way to create memories that might have otherwise passed me by.

Wolf of Wall Street Soundtrack - House of Cards

1. I saw WoWS when it came out and I even recorded a review about it. While the movie wasn’t my favorite I can’t stop listening to the soundtrack. It is rich and varied and a fantastic listen when you are hours on your laptop working on a project. It’s got everything, from Etta James to Simon and Garfunkel. My favorite has to be the trailer’s track, 7Horse by Meth Lab Zoso Sticker. If you don’t feel like a badass after you’ve heard it, listen to it one more time.

2. I know, I know. I am a little late with Netflix’s House of Cards and I don’t even know why it took me so long to watch it. I have a secret crush on Kevin Spacey because, let’s admit it, Kevin Spacey is the man! The series about corruption and thirst for power in Washington DC is sophisticated and addictive and you can’t wait to see who will be the next to rise and the next to fall. Frank Underwood, Spacey’s character, is the biggest shark of them all yet you can’t help but be completely enthralled by him. The different shades of manipulation and ways of maintaining control make this a very dangerous game you can’t stop watching. I highly recommend it.


Essiebutton- Paris vs. NYC

3. I went over to my friend’s new apartment for a little housewarming dinner and I discovered this incredible book Paris versus New York: A Tally of Two Cities. It is all illustrations of iconic images from both Paris and New York City, showing what makes them fascinating yet so incredibly different from one another. Are you a New Yorker or Parisienne? As for me, I still can’t decide.

4. Estee (aka Essiebutton) is my new favorite Youtuber, Beauty Blogger, Canadian and overall favorite person. Based in London but originally from Canada, Essiebutton has a great beauty channel and a quirky sense of humor. Her videos range from tutorials, Cosmetic line reviews (like Bobbi Brown and Tarte) and recently a spring related series called #Springology. If that weren’t enough, I am hooked to her vlog channel as well. I watch it in the mornings over coffee. In this channel, Estee and her boyfriend Aslan document weekly their outings, travels and walks in the park with their greyhound Reggie. Can’t you tell I’m obsessed?

Estee, if you ever read this, you are the best! Also, let’s be friends (not creepy at all).


Toasted Coconut Margarita – San Francisco

5. I mentioned A Beautiful Mess in my previous monthly favorites because there is simply no better website for inspiration and DIY projects. Their recipes category, however, is not just inspirational. It is pure temptation. Their cocktail recipe for Toasted Coconut Margarita is delicious and refreshing, perfect for the following warm months. Next time, I might make a frozen version of this tasty drink.

6. While I am a big fan of the East Coast (NYC, Miami), I find myself day dreaming about the West Coast. Maybe it’s because summer is around the corner, but lately my day dream city has been San Francisco. It is my goal to live in a big energetic city, even if for a few months of my life. I’ve always aimed for New York City but there is something about San Fran’s mellower vibe and its artistic neighborhoods that might persuade me to change my mind. I’m planning to make San Francisco one of my travel destinations for the next year, fingers crossed.

Those have been some of my April favorites. What have you been loving for the past month? I would love to know.

I hope you have a great weekend!

M xox

No comments:

Post a Comment